Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jeff & Emily's Laid Back Summer Wedding at Cogan's Farm

Well, you've seen the engagement session and the bridal session. Are you ready for the wedding? It was a great one! Not only was the venue perfect, but everyone was carefree, relaxed, and enjoying themselves. There was no stress (that I saw), and everything went smoothly. Emily and Jeff are not into production, and their wedding showed it. They kept everything very personal and laid-back to ensure that they actually enjoyed themselves. It was so refreshing!

We started the day inside the home at Cogan's Farm, where the girls and guys were getting ready and family members were mingling.





Emily and Jeff spent the morning in the same place and *gasp* saw each other before the first look. I think this is part of what made everything feel so laid back. No one was hiding, and they were able sneak kisses here and there and build up excitement for the day. It was fun!





 
I snuck out periodically and shot a lot of the gorgeous details that they had set up at the farm. They did a great job with everything! It all fit the laid-back summer theme.








Now Emily was ready for Jeff to see her in her dress and veil! She walked down this gorgeous staircase to him. This house was built around 1860 and was condemned when the owners bought it. They did an amazing job fixing it up. Isn't is gorgeous?!




We moved right into portraits after their first look, and we had some gorgeous spots to choose from.







Pony! Who doesn't want a pony in their wedding photos? 






Emily's niece and nephew were in the wedding, and they provided ample cuteness all day! Their mom and dad graduated high school with me, and are expecting their third this fall. It blows my mind that people my age already have kids, but I guess that's what happens when you're 27! They're a sweet family, and it was great catching up with them.

Now it was time for the ceremony, which was mostly shaded (thank goodness)







It was a lovely ceremony!










The reception was also lovely, with some delicious bbq from The Old Country Store and some good tunes. Most of the evening was spent mingling and catching up with their friends and family. I love to see couples laughing and talking with their loved ones! Their first dance was also kind of precious. When the sun was close to going down, we took a couple more photos by the pond. In hindsight, I wish I had waited about 20 more minutes. I still like the results!








That's a wrap! I know I've said this before, but this wedding was just perfect. I enjoyed every minute of it! It helps that Emily and I were already friends, and I knew she would be an awesome bride. Her and Jeff are so fantastic and down-to-earth. They are going to have a happy and full life together!

Venue: Cogan's Farm
Catering: Old Country Store
Rentals: Eric's Rental
Hair & Makeup: Chrissy Nix MUA
Floral: Kendrick Floral

No comments: