Monday, September 8, 2014

Loren & Stacey Downtown Memphis Tennessee Engagement Session

engagement photographer jackson tn, opening photo

One thing that I really worried about when I opened my business, and especially when I rebranded, was whether people would be able to find me. Will I show up in Google searches? Will anyone see my Facebook posts (no)? Will anyone recommend me? I still wonder these things, but at least in the case of Loren and Stacey, I know I'm coming up in Google search! Stacey looked at photographers in Little Rock, where the wedding will be, and then decided to expand to nearby cities, which is when she found my site. At first I thought "Oh she's in Little Rock, she won't want to hire me." But lo and behold, she did, and boy oh boy am I glad! We met up for their consultation and engagement session one afternoon in Memphis and instantly clicked.

They are so down-to-earth and easy to talk to, I felt like we'd been friends forever! After talking about some details for their wedding day in December, we took a stroll down close to the river for photos. I am so pleased with how these turned out, especially because they were in Memphis. Most of my photos are from the Jackson area, so it's nice to have different scenery.   

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

engagement photographer jackson tn

As of earlier today, my site was on the first page of the Google search for "jackson tn wedding photographer" which is what I would search if I were looking for me. Does that make sense? I need to find out if there are other search terms I should be targeting, because obviously what I'm doing is working! I could not possibly be more thankful that Stacey happened upon my site, because I'm so excited to capture their wedding day.

If you're wondering what I've been doing to get my website seen more, here are some basics:

  • Use alt tags on your images. This is not only good for SEO, but it's helpful for people using screen readers (hearing-impaired)
  • Use descriptive terms in your website title tag and blog post titles
  • Link to your site from Facebook and twitter occasionally, and Pin photos from your site. 
  • Get on Google Plus. You don't have to monitor it since there's not much interaction going on there, but at least link your blog posts.
I am by no means an SEO guru, but those things have helped me along the way. I still have a lot more to do, such as update this blog to reflect my new biz name. I'll put that on the to-do list!



No comments: