Thursday, May 8, 2014

Twin Oaks Antebellum Venue Bridal Photography


Y'ALL. Seriously. Can we just talk about how amazing bridal portraits are, just in general? I think they are my new favorite type of photo shoot. The only downside is having to wait until after the wedding to share them! Heather's wedding package included a bridal session, and she knew right away that she wanted to take them at Twin Oaks, a beautiful Antebellum home located just outside of Jackson. The home is used as a wedding and event venue, and the owners were just a dream to work with. They are great people, and the house was perfect for a photo shoot. It was furnished, but not over-done. The window treatments didn't completely block the light, like some older homes. It was just amazing. I broke out my reflector and played with bouncing the light a bit too. It was fun!






The one above is now the image on my business cards. I just thought her gaze was so gorgeous and eye-catching. I don't know many people who can do the "serious look" so well.







The trees and grass were still dead when we did this shoot, so I didn't have a lot to work with outside. I think they turned out well though, despite that. I really love the two above where she's standing inside the gazebo. That light was PERFECT.



This was just right at the end as she was going back upstairs to change. I shot through the mirror on the opposite wall, so I was able to get an off-camera flash look with the flash on camera. I love the drama of this one!

So I'm sure you can see why I am officially obsessed with bridal portraits. I just felt like I had so much creative freedom! I'm pretty excited that I have a bridal portrait session this afternoon too. It's going to be outdoors, and the trees are nice and lush now. Wish me luck!

No comments: