Thursday, March 20, 2014

Vince & Heather's Outdoor Engagement Session


Before I talk about Vince and Heather's adorable engagement shoot, let me direct your attention to that HOT NEW URL/LOGO on my photos. I finally changed my business name and rebranded! I decided to change from Kristi McMurry Photography for a few reasons...mainly because, duh, I got married forever ago! Another reason is because there are several other photographers in my town with a name like Kristi/Kristen/Kristina, and they're all awesome. I felt that I needed to set myself apart, and a name change was a good way to do that. Woody is my new last name and Pearl is my grandmother's middle name, which I love. I guess that's the short story! I am so excited about it, and I am also using the same branding for my new vintage rental business. I'll post more about that later, but for now you can check out the FB page.


Ok, so on to Vince and Heather! These two are so.dang.sweet. I met with Heather and her mom at the beginning of the year, and we instantly hit it off. I could tell from the start that I would enjoy working with them, and so far I definitely have! We met at this lovely house in downtown Jackson and shot their photos around the outside. Heather's bright shirt really helped brighten up the photos since we were shooting in the dead of winter. Good choice, Heather!








Vince and Heather were both totally natural in front of the camera, which made my job easy!  I loved how sweet they were together. I also had a pretty stellar assistant with me that day, Travis Wyatt. I am so pumped for Travis and I to shoot their big day in May! I'm also really excited to be able to share Heather's bridal portraits after the wedding. We shot them last week and I LOVE THEM. It's killing me not to share them, but I think I can make it. ha! 

No comments: