Thursday, November 7, 2013

Celebrating Blakely's First Year


A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of photographing a sweet first birthday party for a fellow photographer. Amber mentioned in our Facebook group that she needed someone to come photograph the celebration so that she could just enjoy herself, and I'm so excited that she asked me to do it! I was totally not expecting such an amazingly decorated party, so I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the decor was left from a wedding in the barn a few weeks back, and they incorporated all of that really well. Of course with Amber being a photographer, there were plenty of pictures of Blakely all around. That little stinker is CUTE! I just want to squeeze her little chubby cheeks and leg rolls. There is seriously nothing more adorable than a sweet little one year old baby. It almost (big almost here) makes me want one of my own.




I mean just look at those details! And that cake! Blakely was mesmerized by the huge balloons and the lights. I loved all the faces she was making as she came in to the party.













The party was super laid back and fun, and I just really enjoyed capturing lots of candid moments and expressions. Watching her dig into that cake was just precious! Blakely is so blessed to have such a caring and sweet family to raise her up. Thanks so much for letting me be a part of the celebration, Amber! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristi, I loved reading this! I'm so thankful that you came & captured sweet memories in the making. Thank you!