Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sol Heritage Product Photos


One thing I really wish I could do more of is product photography! I have these lofty goals of shooting still lifes for magazines and products for look books. It's ok to dream big, right? What I love is trying to showcase the products in the best way. Of course I have much to learn in the way of planning shoots and prop styling, so most of what I do now is pretty basic. Luckily that works well for Etsy sellers like Sol Heritage.





The photos above were taken more recently than the ones below, and I think I like that location a little better for the outdoor shots. I loved working with Juliana on these too! She's a doll, right?! Luckily she lives right downtown so we just walked to the location and shot away. We also used the seemless in the ad agency she works for, so the shots on the white background were super easy!




One of my 2014 goals is to send a portfolio to Garden & Gun (so far out of my league, it's not even funny) and Tennesse Home & Farm (slightly more in my league, but still a stretch). Before I can do that, I have to actually build a portfolio of studio shots! My food photos for Green Frog are definitely a good start, but I'm looking forward to working on much much more. I might even approach some Etsy sellers about doing styled shoots of their work. If you know of anyone who might be interested in something like that, have them email me! kristimcmurry@gmail.com

I hope you all are having a super week! It's been crazy busy lately, but in a good way. I am brainstorming some really exciting creative things with some of my Jackson friends, so I look forward to sharing more about that. I'm also considering re-branding in 2014 (eep!), so lots of research and brainstorming happening about that. Whew!

1 comment:

Sybil said...

those scarves look so cozy and perfect for fall! :D

Animated Confessions