Monday, September 30, 2013

James + Kayleigh

Recently I asked bride and groom, Kayleigh and James, if I could do a fun shoot with them. I wanted to test out using a strobe outdoors, and they were both nervous about posing together on their wedding day. They were excited to get some practice posing and OF COURSE they were total naturals. They had nothing to be nervous about, and now I'm even more pumped to shoot their wedding in a couple of weeks! I didn't use the strobe in all of the photos, and oddly enough my favorites were most of the ones where I didn't use it. I think I'm just not comfortable with it yet, but I guess that is what practice is for! I do better using natural light for sure, but the extra light did help a lot in some of the photos.



I am almost certain the strobe was used in the above photo (you can tell there's a little light leaking in on the left). I do like that it added some fill to their faces without it being SUPER obvious that I used a light. The one below on the left is way more obvious, but I still actually like that one. The darker it got, the more contrast there was with the background, and it looked more unnatural.




I just love that beautiful backlighting! I wish I could do all of my photo shoots on days like this.



This one was unguarded and probably one of my favorites. I was trying to get myself in a good spot to shoot through the vines, and they were just standing there waiting for me. I love shots like that!








Overall I absolutely LOVE how these photos came out. I am really feeling like I'm developing my own shooting style. Now I just have to find clients so I can use that style! I'm hoping 2014 is going to be my year. I'm planning to rebrand and do some advertising to get my name out there. Here's hoping! If I can get more clients like James and Kayleigh, I will be a VERY happy photographer. These guys were so much fun to shoot and as nice as they come. I know their wedding is going to be absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to share it with you!

1 comment:

Diana Mieczan said...

I love your style and your photos are always swoonworthy to me:) The light in those photos above is great and beautifully-soft. Muah