Monday, July 9, 2012

Pleats and Thank You


Most of the time when I post an outfit, it's because I got something new and I want to share it, but this time I wanted to share something that I've had for years and years (at least since high school). I remember wearing this fun pleated skirt to see Mamma Mia! at The Orpheum, and that was quite some time ago. I got it at Goodwill and for a long time it was the only piece of vintage clothing that I owned. Heck, I didn't even know what vintage was back then. Through all of my style phases (and there have been A LOT of phases...some not so great) this little pleated skirt has remained.



I don't get very adventurous with it, for the most part. I just wear black and let the colors in the skirt stand alone. I've never been good at matching things anyway, so neutral tops are my saving grace. I just love the different color panels and the all-over pleats. The elastic waistband is pretty nice too, because even if my weight fluctuates, it will fit! I also want to give my blackberries a little cameo too. I got them at the farmer's market the weekend before we took these, and I ate them like candy for days. Since I was carrying them around anyway, I just kept them out for the pictures. It's probably silly to buy blackberries when they are most likely growing on the side of the road everywhere I go, but with my luck I would pick poison berries. I don't want to eat poison berries. I want to live.  





details: 
skirt - thrift store
shirt - estate sale
shoes - Ross (Wanted brand)
necklace - Etsy
Earrings- Also Etsy, but not sure of the shop, they were a free gift

I hope you all are having a good Monday so far! It's hard to have a good Monday most of the time, but it's possible. This day is good for me for two reasons. 
  1. I just obtained insurance for what is now MY home. The papers were signed today and I am officially a home owner! It feels weird. 
  2. IT'S RAINING, Y'ALL!!! Seriously, this is a huge deal. It hasn't rained in weeks and everything is brown. I hope things turn green again, I really really do. Crossing my fingers that it rains longer than 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Love the pleats and the colour! Yay! Congrats to you owning a home! You must be so thrilled! Hooray for rain too and hopefully greener days:-)

cb said...

What a great skirt. I have had many style phases too and like you some very bad :( congrats on signing the papers! It must be awesome to own a house!
Xo,cb

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, what a stunning skirt and it looks amazing on you, sweetie! Btw: Huge congrats on signing the papers:) Yay! Muah, sunshine