Saturday, September 18, 2010

Uncle Bubba's


This place was so fun! There's SO MUCH STUFF, but it's all neat to look through. Going through it made me feel like the guys in American Pickers, which is becoming one of my favorite shows. The owner is, of course, Uncle Bubba. When we walked in he asked how we were and where we were from. Paige and I talked to him for a little bit, and he was just incredibly nice. He's one of those people who doesn't appear approachable, but once you talk to him, you can see how nice he is. This shop is only about 30 minutes away, so I'll be back for sure! I've driven by it all my life, and never stopped. It's not necessarily full of my type of home decor, but I came across several things that appealed to me.


There are tons of odds and ends hanging from the ceiling. I saw several things up there that would be so great hanging in the kitchen!


I would love a huge window with a shelf full of jars like this! How gorgeous does that look?! Paige ended up buying one of the jars. She has a bit of a collection, and the one she bought is now in our kitchen and full of candy.


There were tons of little posters, most of them Budweiser ads (I think). They were a little pricey in my opinion, but I don't know anything about that kind of stuff.

Before I left I decided to ask Uncle Bubba if he had any cameras (besides some way over priced ones in a basket I found). He said he just bought one from a guy the other day, and he offered it to me for a price I couldn't refuse. I LOVE it! It's another Polaroid Land camera, but a little different from the one I already have. I've starting finding unique ways to display my collection all over the house, so I was excited to add this. It has a cover, so that's what is hanging down in the picture.


Now I'm off to the county fair! Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog :) I love those blue ball jars. I have one and it is my favorite thing to put flowers in!

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

I love all of those jars lined up! I have quite a collection, too, but no giant window to display them in...
Do you know you can shoot fuji film through some models of the polaroid lands?! If you'd like, I can point you to some tutorials and the type of instant film that works best!

Design Blooms said...

That place looks amazing!

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh wow, how awesome!!! I'm loving shelf o' mason jars.