Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My First Gallery Feature!

A few months ago, I was contacted by a gallery in Berkeley, CA called Alphonse Berber Gallery. Over the next few weeks, I communicated with them about having work in a little exhibition called "Pique Show." Since I'm not close enough to visit, I don't have a lot of details about the show, but they did send me photographs! I sent them 6 framed images and some loose prints to be sold during the show. From what I understand, the show will be changing locations at some point, so I may have more pictures at a later date. Until then...enjoy!




As you can see, they have set up the gallery space like a home (a very unique one at that!) All of the art included is affordable, so this display approach is so perfect. The concept is so interesting to me because it tears down that line between home decor art and gallery art, so my pieces can simultaneously exist in both worlds. How amazing is that?! I feel so blessed to have been included in this show. I hope I get to do this again soon!

The website for the show is http://www.alphonseberber.com/pique.html but it is still under construction as of this post. Check back soon!

*photos by Katherine Sison

2 comments:

owlsomegifts said...

Congrats on the feature! How exciting!

Heidi Adnum said...

Wow - congratulations! It's *such* a great pic :D