Thursday, November 14, 2019

Karlee & Grant - Fall Wedding at Horseshoe Lake Venue

Earlier this month, I had the privilege of photographing the gorgeous Taylor wedding at Horseshoe Lake Venue in Lexington, Tennessee. It's such a pretty venue, and I was so happy to be back there! Grant, the groom, is my best friend Alanna's brother, so it was a huge honor to be there to celebrate with their family.

When I arrived, I took some photos of everyone getting ready, and my second shooter Sue White got lots of detail shots for me.












And now some getting ready photos!




I'm OBSESSED with her hair!








Grant's tie clip was his grandfathers (I'm pretty sure...someday I'll write these things down)

Karlee got Grant's two groomsmen to do a fake first look with them in wedding dresses. It was hilarious watching them try to get into those dresses!



Time for the real first look now...




Grant's reaction was the sweetest!! After this we did all the portraits for the day, though we did get back out after the ceremony for some more in better light. I'll add those later.








Even harsh light can be gorgeous!



I loved the moment when her dad saw her first the first time that day. So sweet!





This little sweetie was the ring bearer and he was not at all interested in photos. There's really no point in trying to force a toddler to be in pictures, so we just let him be. Thankfully he walked down the aisle just fine! And my second, Sue, happened to get this sweet photo of him during portrait time. She's great with kids!


There was a little down time, then it was time for the ceremony.



The guys all walked out to "Sharp Dressed Man"










They're married!


After some celebrating, we took a few more pictures outside while everyone got the chairs moved.













The fall colors didn't really show out this year, but we got a little of that look in these last portraits. It was really such a beautiful day for a wedding!

Once back inside the venue, they sat down to eat and enjoyed the delicious bbq from Hunt's Catering before starting the reception events.









That's my bestie ♥






After tons of fun and dancing, it was time for the sparkler exit.





The perfect end to a wonderful wedding day! I had such a great time with them, and Karlee was such a trusting and grateful bride. It's always so encouraging when a bride hires me because she loves my work and truly wants me to do my thing! Most of my brides do, I must say, I've been very blessed!

Like I said before, it was such an honor to be a part of this day with the Taylor family! Alanna is one of my oldest friends, and I know she was happy to have me there too.


No comments: