Sunday, January 6, 2019

Miranda and Jared - Cozy Winter Wedding at The Barn at Snider Farms in Jackson Tennessee

Well, here we are, the last wedding of 2018! It was overall a bit of a down year for me inquiries and booking-wise, but all the weddings I shot were so wonderful. I'll take quality over quantity any year! This coming year I won't be shooting until June, so I'm going to really miss it. I'm glad this last wedding was such a sweet one to end on!

Miranda and Jared got married at The Barn at Snider Farms in Jackson, which I've shot at many times. They have a great setup for winter weddings since they have the enclosed pavilion. It was pretty chilly on the wedding day, so the heaters in the pavilion came in handy!

When I first arrived, I got some detail photos around the venue.



Jared is a band director and they incorporated a lot of musical touches in the wedding day, including the centerpieces.


I loved the hot chocolate favors! I've been drinking a lot of hot chocolate lately, so I took one home. It was delish!






I also got some shots of the girls getting ready and Miranda and Jared opening gifts.





I'm OBSESSED with these socks! Such a fun idea. 








Cari, my second shooter, had arrived by this time, so she helped out with the getting ready photos, including some of Jared.


Before the first look with Jared, we did a first look with Miranda's dad and step dad. Both were very sweet!




Next it was time for the first look with Jared.





After the first look, we headed straight into portraits.










The heart is made from shirts that belonged to Miranda's three late grandfathers. Such a sweet touch!














We also got all of the wedding party pictures done, as well as most of the family photos. It was nice to get them all done early!





Cari snapped this sweet picture of the kiddos watching the portraits. It's things like this that make having a second shooter super nice! Yes, it's a bit more expensive to add on a second, but I love seeing all the unique things that my seconds capture! Cari did an amazing job getting sweet moments like this.


Had to get a silly one!





That shot on the left of grandma is another one of Cari's that I just adored.

Soon it was time to get ready for the ceremony!


This was a neat idea. The candles were placed up front at the alter. 


Jared's sax quartet (with a sub for him) played the ceremony. It was beautiful! They left to "Procession of the Nobles." Get it? Nobles is their last name ;)
















The ceremony was beautiful! Afterwards, we took the last few family photos then headed into the reception.














After some mingling and dancing, it was time to head out. It wasn't quite dark yet, but the sparkler exit still looked nice!


Miranda's expression cracks me up in this one. 




And they're off! They went cruising for their honeymoon, so I'm sure they're nice and relaxed now, just in time for school to start back.

It was so wonderful documenting their wedding day and ending my year on a high note. Thanks for having me as part of your big day, Miranda and Jared!

Shoutout again to Cari Griffith for being my second/backup. I ended up needing less breaks this day than the last one in mid-December, probably because there were no stairs...ha. I can't wait to work with her again one of these days! We had a blast together.

Venue - Barn at Snider Farms
Cake - family Sax Quartet - Doug Owens, Brian McLemore, Jeff McLemore, Josh Gatlin
DJ (Bo Jackson - bride's brother) Flowers - Nashville Flower Market Catering - Angie Newsome Bride's Dress - Barefoot Bride Groom's Suit - Men's Wearhouse Bridesmaids dresses - Azazie Makeup - Hannah Bland Hair - Sydnee Walton

Interested in booking Woody & Pearl Photography? Let's talk!

No comments: