Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Kortney & Shawn - Vintage Spring Wedding at Green Frog Village in Tennessee

I am so excited to share these photos! My sweet cousin Kortney got married a little over a week ago at the lovely Green Frog Village. She and Shawn have been together for quite a while now, and I know Kortney has been planning this day in her head from the moment she got engaged, and maybe before.

Green Frog Village turned out to be the most perfect venue for this intimate wedding with tons of gorgeous DIY and vintage touches.

The night before the wedding, Kortney, her sister Miranda and our cousin Jordan stayed at my house. Kortney's brother Jeremy also came over and we all played a little Phase 10 together, which is something our family does often when we get together. We couldn't stay up too late, we had a wedding to put on!

The girls got up pretty early and headed to the barn. I got there a little later and helped finish setting up before getting started with photos.











One of the apple pies I made. I'm not trying to brag (yeah I am) but I make a mean apple pie. This is the same recipe that my friend Lisa made at my wedding...sooooo good!





Loved these wreaths that Kortney made for the wedding. She's so creative and amazing at this stuff!

We were running a little behind getting pictures started, but I knew we had plenty of padding time, so I wasn't too worried.







Once Kortney was all ready to go, we did her first look with Shawn, then pictures of the two of them.







I had to get a photo that showed off Kortney's gorgeous eyes. When she was little she won a "prettiest eyes" trophy at a beauty pageant or something and carried her trophy around with her for a while after that. Miranda and I like to poke fun of her for it, but she really does have the prettiest eyes.



Kortney's mom Lisa did an AMAZING job on the flowers. 




We also got photos of the bridal party, then soon it was time for the ceremony to begin.








Oma came all the way from California with our cousin Jordan! We had so much fun visiting with them, and Oma took lots of pictures to document the trip.







It was such a sweet ceremony!



Had to get a family picture with the bride and groom! My step-dad officiated and my mom helped a lot with other parts of the day. It was definitely a family affair! After we got family photos done, we headed over to the reception for some food and sweet dancing. 






After a little while, we headed out for a few more photos. We went over by the cotton gin because their last name is Cotton!









When we came back in, they cut the cake, did the bouquet toss, parent dances and an exit with flowers.















It was such a beautiful day! It's definitely more stressful to shoot a family wedding, because I felt like I wanted to help with other things too, and had to keep reminding myself to focus. ha! Hopefully I did an ok job ;)

Congrats Kortney and Shawn! I loved getting to spend this day with you two.

Venue: Green Frog Village
Bride's Dress: My Best Friend Jenna Boutique

No comments: