Sunday, September 17, 2017

Megan & Nathan - Sparks Up Your Life - Church and New Southern Hotel Wedding - Jackson Tennessee

Earlier this month, Megan and Nathan got married in a beautiful ceremony in Alamo, then hopped over to the New Southern Hotel in downtown Jackson for a crazy fun reception. It was such a privilege to be there to document the day for these two! I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it. It is truly an honor for me to be asked to be a part of such a huge day in people's lives. I never take that for granted!

I started out the day at Megan's sister Meredith's home. All the ladies were there getting glammed up for the big day. It's always a little chaotic when there are a lot of bridesmaids, and Megan had 9. Honestly the chaos is kind of fun though. All of these ladies were so supportive of Megan throughout the day. She has some stellar friends and family!








While I was with the girls, my second shooter Sue took some shots of the guys. Meanwhile Megan and the girls went over to the church to get dresses on.




After a reveal with the bridesmaids, it was time for a first look with Nathan! He was seriously a ball of nerves. It was adorable.



They had a sweet first look, and we went straight into portraits. Huge shoutout to Jerri Sue at Sands Florist. I've always known she was an amazing florist, but the way she transformed this boring church (sorry, it's true...it's just a very plain sanctuary) was absolutely astonishing. It was gorgeous in there!





Isn't that dress just perfection?! Megan just glowed on her wedding day. So beautiful!








Amazing beading on the back of the dress.







Sue got both of these adorable shots. One of the perks of having a second shooter!


These girls were so cute it hurt...I mean. Just look at them!! They unfortunately were sooooo not into taking pictures, but we did the best we could.







Soon it was time for the ceremony. It was nice to have all the portraits done before the ceremony, so that we could just go straight to the reception.



More second shooter captures that I just love. These are right outside the door before the ceremony while I'm inside getting people walking down the aisle.









The pastor invited anyone who wanted to to come up and lay hands on the bride and groom for a prayer. This is a practice that a lot of you may not have experienced, but it is so very special.





Married!

After the ceremony, everyone grabbed pom poms and lined up outside for a send-off to the reception. I love when people do this. It works best if you're changing venues, but it is so much simpler than doing a send-off after the reception.




I never did ask what the maroon pom poms were for. Maybe Crocket County?

Sue went on to the New Southern as soon as the ceremony was over, so she had a good 15-20 minute head start on guests to get some detail shots. Here are some of the shots of the reception set-up. It is absolutely stunning.







Bacon wedding cake for Nathan.





So the reception food was all of their absolute favorite foods. If I remember right, each table had a different type of food. I was so mad that I had a bad cold at this wedding, because on any other day, I would have been eating so much of that food! I heard so many people raving about everything throughout the night.





The bridal party hung out in the back room until it was time for their grand entrance.



























Everyone was having such a great time! There were still a ton of people there when I left, so there's no telling how long the party kept going. I know Megan put a lot of effort into planning this wedding, and she did a wonderful job. She also seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the day, which is always a good thing! Sometimes it's hard to sit back and enjoy the work you've put in, but I think it's worth it. She and Nathan had a truly beautiful wedding day, and I wish them all the best!

Venue: Alamo First Christian (ceremony) and New Southern Hotel (reception)
Floral: Sand's Florist
Catering: Caroline Porter

No comments: