Sunday, January 31, 2010

7 Newbies to watch

So I've been looking back at the 1st treasury that I made with the Pounce feature, and I am so pleased to see that some of the sellers have had several sales now! I'm just going to do a brief recap and link you to 7 of my favorite newbie shops with tremendous talent!

1st: LeslieThomson. Her photography is some of the best I've seen on Etsy! It reminds me of what you would see on the walls of a sunroom...very light and soothing. She has some very rich color in some of them that is just gorgeous. She's had a handful of sales since I found her back at the beginning of January, so I hope she's well on her way to Etsy success!


2nd: DashingEtc. I was so excited to find this artist through Pounce! I remember the next day after making the treasury, I saw her in an Etsy Finds (or front page? I can't remember). Of course she was noticed right away and I was so excited to see her making sales. I'm definitely going to be purchasing some of her felt art in the future. It's absolutely gorgeous!

3rd: toastslice I love this seller's adorable prints. They come printed on bamboo paper or bamboo plywood (or both!) Obviously, they would be perfect for a child's bedroom or daycare or something. They have a few sales under their belt and I'm hoping to see many more in the future! I would love to have a set of these someday. :)

4th: EllenMulligan. All I can say about these plates is AMAZING! I cannot believe she still has no sales, I mean this work is absolutely gorgeous. I know I always say this, but I definitely want one of these. The turtle one is my absolute favorite but I like them all. :)

5th: NELLEhandmade I found this seller for my first Pounce treasury as well :) Her romantic style is so beautiful. She has a small variety of clutches and headbands that are perfect for everyday wear or special occasions. I love things that can be worn at any time of the day. I think these clutches would be great bridesmaids gifts! I especially like the brown one with the white accents. The contrast of the brown and white is really gorgeous.

6th: lollypoptrees I think I was attracted to this seller's shop because of the name :) I have a photo of lollipop trees. HA! What a coincidence! Anyway, this shop has some amazing vinyl decals. There's a fantastic selection of florals, trees, intricate designs, and more. It looks like they are well on their way to Etsy success! Hooray!


7th: rileyconstruction I am so in love with these adorable little stuffed animals. They are constructed of upcycled materials and each one seems to have it's own personality. The shop has a couple of sales so far and I think they will be getting a lot more in the future because who could pass up these cuties?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great!

Unknown said...

What a great eye! I love them all!

MetroGypsy said...

Very lovely group!